must accept the following terms and conditions before joining:
1. By registering with us, you agree to provide accurate
and current information about yourself and to update that
information if it changes. During registration we will send
you a verification email. You will need to follow the instructions
in this email to activate your account. This is to make sure
you control the email account you are using to register.
2. Oldoppos currently offers standard full Membership
(which is provided to those purchasing an annual subscription
currently £5) and basic Membership (fly on the wall)
Basic members may:
- Post their name in all relevant Oldoppos areas (ships,
regiments, squadrons, units etc)
- Search for friends by unit and name
- View the various member directories including browsing
Navy, Army, and Air Force details
- Read all unit notice board postings
- Read unit information, including reunion details
- Receive messages from Full members
- Optionally receive our various emails, which provide
discounts and other information of interest to our members.
You may opt-out of these email services at any time.
Full members may also:
- Send messages to anyone listed in the system
- Post to all Navy, Army, and Air Force notice boards
- Post photos of the unit or themselves in the Galleries
- Edit certain unit data including reunion details
3. Although we have no obligation to screen or edit
information that is posted or shared by members, we reserve
the right to remove any objectionable information, at our
discretion, without notice.
You agree to:
- Follow all national and international laws and regulations.
- Take responsibility for all acts that occur under your
account or password, including any content transmitted
or broadcast from your account.
- Maintain the confidentiality of your password and login
- Comply with all intellectual property and other proprietary
rights laws in the use of the site and in making your personal
profile and submissions of stories.
- Provide only accurate and appropriate personal information
Please do not post sexually explicit language.
You agree to keep your personal information posted on the
site within the convention of good taste. If inappropriate
material is brought to our attention, we will require that
you revise or delete the inappropriate information.
We have the right to request edits or make edits to your
personal information at our discretion.
Although we have no obligation to police the site, we will
remove content that is clearly inappropriate when it is brought
to our attention.
If you submit any offensive, obscene, false, unreliable
or misleading information we reserve the right to suspend
or terminate membership to oldoppos.co.uk websites and/or
any OldOppos service.
You agree NOT to:
- Use incognito names when registering or communicating
on our site.
- Use your access to OldOppos for any commercial purpose.
OldOppos primary source of income comes from our full membership
fees one of the primary services we offer is the ability
to reconnect with old shipmates. Initial connections are
made via our service to protect your privacy and to prevent
misuse of your personal information.
4. Credit card use: Credit card details are entered
into a secure server. They are never revealed to OldOppos
and we will not keep on file any details (except the receipt
issued by our Bank).
If you decide to become a Full Member, and therefore pay
our Full Membership fee, you are agreeing to take the Full
Membership we make available to you shortly after that fee
is paid. You will not be entitled to any refund of that fee.
Your Full Membership will last for twelve months.
5. The automatic renewal service (futurePay) is
provided and helps to prevent unwanted deletion of a Service.
FuturePay will attempt to renew your Service(s) on the renewal
date for a one year term by charging the most recent credit/debit
card on file with us for your account the then-current retail
price for such renewal. The automatic renewal service is
provided as a convenience for you but in no way guarantees
a desired renewal. It is your obligation to affirmatively
renew any desired service. In addition, OldOppos Limited
has no obligation to attempt to renew your service if your
most recent credit card on file with us for your account
is not accepted according to OldOppos Limited payment processing
You also acknowledge and agree that if you do not want
futurepay automatic renewal service to apply to your services,
you must affirmatively opt out of the futurepay agreement.
To administer the agreement, please login to the customer
management system at: www.worldpay.com/admin The
Customer Management System enables you to view agreement
transactions. Failure to affirmatively opt out of the automatic
renewal service constitutes your authorization and consent
for OldOppos Limited to attempt to automatically charge your
credit card the then-current retail price for such renewal.
6. Personal Information and submissions: By submitting
your personal, reunion and related information to us, you
are thereby granting to OldOppos a royalty-free, worldwide,
non-terminable, exclusive license to use this information
and your exact words (and excerpts and edited versions of
your submissions) in all media not known or hereinafter developed.
No payments shall be due to you for such grant of rights,
and you may not receive credit as the author of such works
in any use of them.
7. This site may contain links to other websites/associations.
OldOppos does not endorse any other site and is not liable
for any loss or damages related to the content, products
or services available through those sites.
OldOppos Limited or its affiliates may offer new or additional
services through OldOppos.co.uk website from time to time.
Your use of those services may be subject to additional terms
and conditions, or rules of use, which you must comply with.
8. OldOppos reserves the right to discontinue, delete
and change the content or purpose of the site from time to
time. OldOppos also reserves the right to change the Terms
of Service. The Terms of Service in effect at the time of
your use shall govern your use of the site.